Friday, November 5, 2010

what a musical memory!

When I come home from work I have kid songs still stuck in my head from the Music classes I teach. It's horrible! I sit down to relax and eat dinner and watch an episode of How I Met Your Mother (I love Barney), but I can't because I have a pirate themed bathtub song chorus that goes "wishy washy weee!" all over my internal brain waves.  I just want to get away from being a kindergarten class teacher (the fact that I am one is already terrifying enough. For me, the kids, and anyone who knows me) and my mind just won't relent! Dirty Rap Songs and Anarchist Rock seem to help my problem.

I have to babysit rich kids for work tomorrow while their parents get forcefully lured into sending their kids to my classes; and just thinking about spending my Saturday inside is already making me sick. I already don't get to photosynthesize five days out of the week. And giving up one of my two days to play in this ecosystem designed for me makes me Crazy. I need to be outside. I am not a houseplant. I am an exotic  lily. (As long as I'm going to turn myself into a plant it may as well be a sexy one.) Maybe I will be late to work tomorrow. What a rebel.

"wishy washy weeeee....... " dang it!

1 comment:

  1. You know what song never fails to both excite me and play on a continous loop in my head when I hear it? "Mickey". You know by Toni Basil"Oh Mickey you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind. Hey Mickey. Hey Mickey" Then the clapping solo. I look like a lunatic walking down the street when that comeas on my ipod. Good times. Hey Mickey!

    ReplyDelete